Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sub Spindle - Stock Transfer Error

Mick

Almost always, at some point when working on a Stock Transfer part, I get this error:

"Warning: Stock Defined in both spindles. Stock must be defined in 1 spindle only"

If I then proceed to try and delete the RH stock, it returns the warning: "Cannot Reset Stock Boundary. It is used in a stock trasnfer operation which must be deleted first"

I dont understand, as I haven't altered anything in the parameters, and it is weird that the only way to supposedly fix it, is to delete the Part transfer operation. Has anyone else encountered this?

I have been using stock transfer alot on my integrex Machine Def. and it works incredibly well (totally unrealated to what machine def you have of course).

I also compiled a tutorial that I could possibly post up on the ftp when I get home (since I cant do it at work) that has a fairly in depth explanation of how to do stock transfers really well. I use it in the shop here for other people looking to program for sub-spindled machines and they have no issues either.

If you wanna have a look at a copy shoot me an email and I will send it to you. Feed back on it would be great too. =]

Randy, thankyou VERY much for providing that pps (I downloaded it from JP's server...thanks JP!)

The pps is a great help, as there is little/no documentation in regards to stock transfer. We have a Multus B400W and I have had to learn the hard way. I pretty much picked up most of it shown in the pps, but the synchronised spindles (holding with both chucks for milling) is something I haven't tried yet. I might have to give that a go.

It really doesn't explain the issues I am having with the stock errors. I guess I am going to have to dig a little deeper.

thanks again!

• 2 months later...