Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Planes

I am programming a part on a horizontal mill. Most of the programming is done in the front plane at B0. I have a several toolpaths that need to use the back plane at B180. To create my toolplane I used planes by geometry, select the appropriate entities in X and Y to set the tool plane up correctly, and named it B=180. It works perfectly. Now I go to the view manager and set the T/C planes to the view named B=180 and put in my toolpaths. The problem is the toolpaths keep defaulting to the back plane instead of the using the plane I created. I know the views are technically the same but shouldn't the toolpaths use the view I have selected when I create them. When I get done toolpathing and look in the view manager there is a check mark next to the back plane indicating that plane has toolpaths but no check mark next to the plane B=180. I tried to use my new plane several times but mastercam keeps using the back plane instead. Has anyone else experienced this.

Justin,

This could be a bug in the view manager. Try deleting the B=180 plane. Then select the System Back view, and use the 'copy' button to create a new plane that is identical to Back. Right-click and rename the plane.

When you create an operation, go into the 'planes' button and click the double black arrow button twice to expand the selection dialog box. Make sure you uncheck the "display relative to WCS" option. Your WCS plane should be set to top and your t/c plane should be set to B=180(the new one).

That should work hopefully...