Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-axis Problems

Todd84

I have been trying to cut a part Using C-Axis Face contour. I have the endmill going right through X0.0 on the machine (the center of a 7" piece of round aluminum). The toolpath shows good on MC but when I run it. The endmill goes around X0.0 It makes an arc around the center. I don't know what to do. Thank you

Todd,

Before spending too much time on getting mastercam to go over X0.0 I want to ask you what is going over X0.0. Is it the center of your cutter or an line/arc of geometry. The reason I ask is if you have a "C" axis but NOT "Y" axis your machine is not going to like the center of the cutter going over the X0.0 What will happen is the chuck will have to try to do a complete 180 spin in a fraction of a second and I have yet to see a machine that can perform this without getting an overload alarm.

Good luck,

Phil

EDIT

I wonder if your machine might have an internal setting that forces an arc if it senses trying to go over the X center.

NOTICE: Milling through the part center with a linear move requires the

# geometry be broken at the centerline. Milling through the part

# center with an arc move in the G18 plane, no Y axis and on the

# negative side of X, reverses only the arc direction and I sign.