Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post change

I'm using the Generic Fanuc 4axis post that comes with X2. We want to drill and add a dwell to the bottom of the hole which is already coded in to the post. The problem I'm having is I need to out put a p3000 instead of a p3. I have tried to change

code:

fmt P 4 dwell$ #Dwell

code:

fs2 4   1 0 1 0      #Integer, not leading

I would think that I need to change/add a new fs2 statemne to appear something simular to this

fs2 23 3 0 3 0t # interger, force three trailing.

and change the dwell

fmt P 23 dwell$ #Dwell

would this work? Since I'm adding a line to the format statments do I need to change something else?

Thank you in advance

Chris

why not just change it to an fs4 and type in 3000

that posts correctly

you could also add the new fs statement

code:

fs2 23  0 3 0 3t     #Integer add 3 trailing 0's

and change dwell$ to 23, you'll be typing 3 instead of 3000

If I type in 3000 in that statement, then wouldn't it force out 3000 every time? I will give it a try, that is what they make backups for.

I guess I stated my question wrong. In drill statement we would like a dwell of 3 secs. When I post the file I should see a G82 Z-1.000 P3000 R.1 F10 right now I'm getting G82 Z-1.000 P3 R.1 F10. I would like to not lock my self into a hard number a keep it a varable.

Chris

Chris,

The number should come from the number you enter into the 'dwell' parameter in the toolpath itself, not in the post. This is what John is referring to. In the toolpath, you should see a 'dwell' parameter.

Enter '3000' for p3000 output. Enter another number for different output. For example, if you enter '500' you would get p500 output...

HTH,