Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe: no coolant with spindle command...except

g-codeguy

for the cut-off tool. New Hardinge posts won't put out M13 except for cut-off tool. Coolant is on in machine definition, tool definition, operation, & in edit common parameters. Reseller has sent a zip file to MC, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem before. Older Hardinge posts work fine.

Have to try reloading MC yet. My reseller rep said the NCI file isn't putting a command out to turn the coolant on. He showed me how to modify the settings to make it put out an M8. I'd rather do a global substitution latter as I already have a macro set up to do this. (Change M3's to M13s.)

He thinks I may have a corrupted definition file. I wasn't involved in setting up the definition files when we switched to X, so if this is a possibility, I would need step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

Thanks a bunch.

....could be a corrupted machine definition in the mcx file....easy fix would be to go to properties in the machine group/files tab, then click the replace button. pick the same machine's library copy. it will reload and overwrite the bad one...

could also be your .operations file...do a search here for "coolant bug" if the machine def you're using in the local file has the box checked to support coolant commands in post processor for backward compatibility (this is in the machine general parameters) AND your .operations file's machine def is X style coolant they will cancel each other out...

Your MD was not corrupted, unless you consider labeling both On and Off as "On" as being corrupted wink.gif

The NCI did not turn the coolant on because the operations had coolant set to off (ok, the selection said On - but it was really off). The first clue to this was the fact that the options for Mist and Thru-tool were still enabled (they gray out when flood is turned on).

I just sent him your MD with the label fixed and your .mcx with the coolants turned on in all ops (they were off in all ops except the last).

quote:

could also be your .operations file...do a search here for "coolant bug" if the machine def you're using in the local file has the box checked to support coolant commands in post processor for backward compatibility (this is in the machine general parameters) AND your .operations file's machine def is X style coolant they will cancel each other out...

Cancel each other out? Hmmm. Not that I have seen. The only thing this will affect is your ability to set the default values for operations, not the actual setting that you put into the operations you create.

Wow, Paul, that was fast. Never expected to hear anything back for another couple weeks. smile.gif

Yup, the last tool is the only one with Mist and Thru-tool grayed out. How would I go about fixing it? Or will I know once I hear from the reseller? I have at least 2 other posts with the same problem.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Must admit it was totally unexpected. A very pleasant surprise.

I sent them another email today. G76 thread cycle puts out 60 for the compound infeed regardless of the value. Same post.