Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 and Beyond with Vista

Just got my new Dell M6300 setup with Mcam. Are there any none issues I need to watch for using Vista? I have Vista Business, 4Gig ram, NVidia 1600M Video card. Going to a customer location with it this afternoon (I know it's crazy) and just wanted to know what to watch for. I have OpenGL off. Only issue I have gotten so far was on boot up this morning it blue screened and when I rebooted it told me that MCX and my wireless card were conflicting? Quirck?

Tommy,

Turn OpenGL back on.

On your launching icon, right click on it, click on the compatibility tab, check off, Run in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and also make sure you check "disable desktop composition"

As f ar as what to watch for, these are things I have previously seen.

Drawing lines can cause ghosting, similar to what you see on many Ati cards, a refresh or mouse scroll wheel move and they are gone.

Picking surfaces for 3D machining can be slow and tedious, the movement of the part while your in surface selection mode tends to be slow and choppy.

in Verify, you can get some strange graphics behavior, ESPECIALLY on 4 and 5 axis paths.

I only have X3 on my system at home now, it plays MUCHO better with Vista now.

Tommy,

Have you tried going into your device manager and disabling the wireless, see if that helps.

I would also suggest checking for the newest drivers. Dell drivers are notorious

You might uninstall the card and reboot and let windows reinstall it.

I am not sure why a wireless NIC should be interfering with MCX. The ONLY thing that comes to mind immediately is the "update manager"

I am good on my HP laptop

I should have stuck with HP. Only reason I went with Dell is one of my customers I do PC & IT work for on the side lets me charge my stuff on his credit card instead of paying me. The same pc in HP would have been $1k more than my dell. There is no option in X3 when you do a save as to specify X2 unless I am missing it.