Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

control definitions

kickworm

I just loaded X2-MR2 onto my computer. In mastercam X i put my tools machines and op libraries on the server instead of the hard drive so that multiple users can map their control def. all from the same place. When i tried to select a certain machine it gives an error saying control def not found loading defaults. I loaded and mapped it in the config file the same way i did in X but it seems not to be reading the machine def. any help appreciated

Mastercam is full of Black Magic so sometimes things do not work as one would expect. I think my next approach would be to make sure the machine def you are using is in the defaults. Go to the main menu bar - Machine Type/ Router (or mill or??)/Manage list and add your machine def to the list. I do not know if this will make any difference but it is the next thng I would try.

Good luck