Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Offsets G54, G55..........

CNCMike

I am having a hard time getting multiple offsets to work. I created the tool path, copied the tool path, chose the tool parameters tab, chose planes then clicked the box next to work offsets and typed the number 0 or 1. I did this for all tools paths alternating as I went.

When I post the program the offsets are correct G54 then G55, change tool and back to G54 then G55 etc... but when the program runs it seems to be offsetting from G54 the distance called out in G55 as a starting point.

I have highlighted just the G54 tool paths, posted them and the program runs fine. The same with the G55 offsets. When I post them together the machine doesn't know what to do with them.....

I am using MCX2 with a Fanuc OM control. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks, Mike

Yes, I entered the G54 values in offset "0" and the G55 values in offset "1" in the Fanuc control.

I just double checked that the second program posted individually works using G55 and it does not. Even though the posted code uses G55 it uses the position from G54 (0 in the Fanuc control).

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Position 0 is the "Common". You want that to be 0.0, then Position 1 to be your first offset value, then Positino 2 to be your second offset.

See, currently, any value you put in G54 on up stacks up on the Common offset.