Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Zoom

Andy

Hello,

When I use pgup,pgdn for zoom somedays it is slow and jerky and other days fast and smooth. I try to test this with small drawings, same results. No other programs running etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

------------------

Gordon Engineering

Eureka, Ca.

Here are a couple graphics-speed related questions: ) Do you often use different line styles? These are historically slower, most notably with OpenGL drawing ON, than solid lines. 2)Do you use "TrueColor" graphics? This, too, is historically slower than "HighColor", or 65K colors. 3) Do you sometimes view parts at drastically different screen scales than that at which the geometry was first drawn? Screen/Next/Regen could help there. 4) Do you have lots of note and dimension text? When these get small and are drawn as rectangles, it's considerably faster than drawing the full text everytime. And even then, TrueType fonts tend to be a little slower than our fonts.

Hope this helps...

Mastercam Product Development Team

Hello,

The only thing I have in the drawing is a simple square for testing only. No text, no special line styles, etc. I dont know where to set true color or high color (Tell me about that please) and therefore I am using the same everything and still get an upredictable fast or slow zoom???