Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FAGOR 8055 M TCP how do I

ERIC14779

Here is some general info on xxxxor TCP

TCP

The 8055 & 8070 controls both have a TCP option if enabled(purchased). The TCP seems to work well with these machines on parts we have cut in the past. The TCP parameters can be found in the control by going to main menu/+/machine parameters/General parameters. P93 is head style, and P96-105 is dimensions of axes

Info can be found in the installation manual for the machine

• Old Method – “N100 G48 S1” = ON, “N100 G48 S0” = OFF

• New Method – “N100 #RTCP ON” = ON, “N100 #RTCP OFF” = OFF

Note: G43 cannot be programmed when using TCP. The control will generate an error

P97 is the parameter(XFORM1) where the pivot length should be entered.

I found that if I am using tool #1 it works without entering a value for P97

I just have the pivot length as the tool length in the tool table...

I was trying to use tool #8 D #8 before

can you enter a value for P97 in MDI ??

and is it modal ??

The P number that is ref. in my msg is a parameter number in the tables of your controller.

How the TCP works is you have parameters to enable it. That makes the controller look at other parameters like the Xform1,2,and3(as I recall) These are the shift registers that tell the controller how the controller should track the pivot.

Then the controller will use the tool lengths that are applied along with the pivot that is setup in the parameters to calculate and allow TCP to function.

You may want to call xxxxOR and talk with one of there techs. They have always been very helpful.

2250 Estes Ave

Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Phone: 800-423-2467

Alex

Alex,

I measure the total pivot length and put that in my tool table. That must be why I do not have to have a value in P97 (P97 is set at 0.0000)

that is fine for me I have no way to accurately measure the pivot up to the gauge line anyway. And then measure from the gauge line to the tool tip.

A typical total pivot is anywhere from 15" to 19".

ISO 40 spindle 12 HP

I did notice that the D numbers were not set up for tool #4 thru #8 in the tables....

I added the D numbers and saved to card A.. I hope that will fix the problem of not reading the tool lengths from the table.. after a reboot.

Not sure on that one. I would recommend working with a xxxxor tech before changing a bunch of stuff.

To measure your pivot length from spindle face to center of rotation you can touch the face of your empty spindle(vertical) off on a 1x2x3 block. Then note the z position of where you touched off.

Now remove the 123 block and position the head at the same Z value of where you were when you touched off on the 123 block. Rotate the head up to where it is at 90 degrees (horizontal)

Take a Height guage and find the distance from the outer ring of your spindle to the face of the 123 block you referenced.

Simply subtract the radius of the ring on your spindle you located with the height guage and you have the exact distance from the face of your spindle to the center of rotation on that axis.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Alex

My Quintax has 8 tools, the default D numbers were setup only for the first 3 tools in the tool table (By Quintax) I added the remaining and now all is well.

Any tool that I load ( Tx Dx M6 ) and enter the TOTAL pivot length in the tool offset table (for that tool/Length offset number) and enter G48 S1

IT WORKS ....!!!!!

must be that the D number had to be assigned to the tool from the tool table... Entering a D number from MDI would not do it.