Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 copy between levels

KalCam

KalCam,

Copy between levels has worked just fine since X2 came out. It even worked in plain old X...

What issue have you been having? headscratch.gif

I just select whatever geometry I want, Right-Click on the word "Leve" in the status bar, make my changes in the "Change levels" dialog box and Mastercam moves or copies my geometry to a new level.

Kalcam,

I just tried what you described,

Created a rectangle, solid extrude --> great we've got a solid.

Xform - Translate - set to Move, move block 5" in X.

Select solid, Right-click on levels, set to "copy" to level 10 (just picked level 10 at random).

Check the levels manager and I've got 5 entities on level 1 and 5 on level 10.

Tried the same proceedure, but copied the block on Xform and then took the solid and did a "copy" to level 30. This left me with 10 entities on level 1, and 5 on level 30.

This means that Mastercam is moving or copying the wireframe and solid to a new level.

It behaves the same for me in X2 MR1 SP1 and X3...

What difference are you seeing? I'm guessing you are just missing something in the steps you are doing...