Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Robodrill?

MIKE_B

Has anyone out there been able to bypass the door lock on a robodrill? We are used to it now but sure would be nice to be able to get in and look at stuff during set-ups. It is hard to see if a tool is running out at 100 rpm since this is all it allows with the door open.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Mike

I can do anything I want with the door open.

I don't know the models you listed, but on ours, there is a door lock button, which unlocks when it reads a M30 code, and you have to depress it to get the machine in run mode.

By not using the M30 code, it thinks the door is always shut.

Spade

I know about the M30>>M99. We have the pallet changer so all my programs are with the M99.

The problem we have is during set-ups. We cannot do anything with the door open. If i'm in the middle of running a part and I need to get in to take a closer look at something to work the feed down to check for clearance or whatever. As soon as we hit the door button the spindle stops and you can't do anything.

Ok, I went and took another look, and to jog my memory.

There is a cap above the door on the right...if you take that cap off, you can see the fork thing that is locking when the door is shut...you need to undo that from the door and just place it inside the locking mechanism. Not sure what the top of your machine is like, but you may have to take off a panel to get at it.

Lemme know how it works out.