Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Safety Zone/ Generic 5 axis post

RDub

Does the Generic Fanuc 5 Axis post support the safety zone? I see many misc integers and reals that deal with retract zones and the such but nothing in the post that talks about safety zones. Perhaps the post doesn't need any specific code because mastercam outputs the safety zone retracts as positions in the .nci file, but it doesnt appear to be doing that here on my computer?

Am I doing something wrong?

Robert,

I am not sure what version you are on so here is info regarding X2MR2 SP1. My guess is that X3 should be the same.

I normally use a post that does full retracts automatically but I have played with the other retract stuff a little.

The Safety Zone function in the Machine Group properties just changes the output of the nci which should be posted out just as it backplots.

The miscellaneous integers control special funtions in the post. You can read the noted text in the pst file to learn about this.

I just tested the Safety Zone function in X2MR2 SP1 with contour cuts and drilling going to a few different toolplanes and it backploted and posted fine. You must enter the Safety Zone properties inside of the Machine Group properties. I would suggest that you turn the display on also.

I would also suggest that you use care not to use the misc integer functions along with the Safety Zone functions until you are sure what will happen when used together.

HTH,

Mike