Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Set-Up sheet redirecting save location

Dustin S.

I am using the standard mill.set set-up sheet but want to be prompted for a save location rather then it just saving it in the same place as my MCX. Is there a way to do this? Ive searched the forums but all I get is information about ALL the different set-up sheets we wish we could get our hands on...

Thanks in advance

Dustin,

There is no way for the .SET file to launch a "File Open" style dialog box. You can hard code a file path location into the .SET file itself, but you only get one location...

You might be able to create some boolean "If" blocks that would allow you to pick from a limited set of file paths. I'm thinking that you could setup a prompt question that would ask you to key in a number (say from 1-6) and the .SET file would set the file path based on the number you enter...

Someone else might be able to make a better suggestion.

HTH,

It is possible by using a VBscript.

You can write a VBscript (which asks where you want to save the setup sheet and then cuts the setup shet file from the current location to the selected location)

Then you put the call for this VBS file into the ppost$ postblock.

HTH

Dustin,

This is definitely do-able!

Gorazd is right on with his suggestion of using a VBScript.

Get that man a cold Lasko! cheers.gif

With a little bit of scripting and dropping some code into the MILL.SET, you'll be good to go.

I have a script and an example MILL.SET showing the code you need to add to it.

It is quite easy to add this code as it is very 'contained'.

You run the 'SetUp Sheet' command as normal, up pops a std Windows "Browse for Folder" dialog. You select the folder you want the DOC file to be placed into and it happens - like magic. biggrin.gif

If you (or anyone) would like to see how this is done, just click on the email icon at the top of this posting and send me a message with your email address.