Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Calling up a text file during posting

JSP Mold

Right now in my posts I have the post prompt me some questions. Example: Job number,Part number, Program description. I type in the answers to these questions and the post puts them in the header of the nc file. I have 3 different machines that parts can run on. I never know which machine is going to be availble when they are ready to run the parts. I have set up a batch file that will allow me to post to all 3 machines simultaneously. While batch proccessing, the promped questions are overlooked. Is there any way that I can set up the post to look for the answers to the prompted questions in a seperate text file?

I used this method in the past, but have found that the Manual Entry works better. Create you a template in the default operations parameters like this.

Part # =

Job # =

Part Description =

ect.

I think you can use up to 750 char. Always make this the first operation of your toolpaths and fill in the blanks. This way you only have to do it 1 time because it gets saved with your geometery. So if you do a revision, simply repost and stop answering those same set of questions 12 times. I had to modify the my posts a little to get it to comes right and in the right spot. You will need to add pscomm0 to yor post like this. And initilize you a post switch.

pscomm0

if gcode = 1005 and switch01 = 0,"O",progno,"( ",scomm," )"

if gcode = 1005 and switch01 = 1,"( ",scomm," )"

switch01 = 1 # disable output of prog No

This will kick out any comments from the manual entry text box appearing prior to start of file. And prior to execution of psof.

-----

For what it's worth

Buzz

gcode can be 1005 "comment with seq no" or

gcode 1006 "comment without seq no" I use the 1006 option.

--

Buzz

[ 06-21-2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Buzz Lightyear ]