Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup sheet taking forever

Bob W.

No ideas? It just took 5 minutes to load and print my setup sheet. I pay $,$$$ in annual maintenance fees for this??? FYI, as a result of the recent 'upgrade' to X3 MU1 my productivity has dropped. On top of the maintenance costs that is a double whammy and I don't think it is funny. You guys are producing one disgusted customer here, not that you care.

quote:

You guys are producing one disgusted customer here, not that you care.

Bob,

Let's back up a second.

You posted, provided no information, a couple of questions were posed, you again provide little information and YOUR frustrated?

What changed if this problem is new?

Have you migrated things, a new installation, what are you using to view your sheet.

Some more information will likely help in helping you.

Stock things don't just usually start acting strange without something changing.

You need to help us, help you

My frustration is not with the forum. This forum is a huge reason I purchased Mastercam in the first place. My frustration is that the 'upgrades' I get from Mastercam are sending me backwards in productivity. I get LESS work done with X3 than I did in the same amount of time in X2, and I am paying for this.

The only thing that changed was in installed X3 MU1 and migrated settings from X2. Now my lead out moves for contour toolpaths omit the linear move causing 10 machine errors per day due to cutter comp on arc moves and my setup sheet takes 5 minutes to load.

I do sincerely appreciate the help.

I feel that Mastercam upgrades should INCREASE my productivity to justify the expense and it hasn't been the case.

quote:

migrated settings from X2

I am just about willing to bet, that the statement above IS your issue.

Dig though ALL of the paths and make sure everything is pointing to your X3 installation and NOT X2

Migration has been nothing short of one big headache for MANY people

Is there a different setup sheet I should be using? If so, where can I find it? I am currently using mill.set and the delat is when it is evaluating the toolpaths before displaying the results.

To print the setup sheet I right click on the machine group and drop down to setup sheet. The setup sheet control panel opens and thinks for a while, then displays the information in the window. I then click on the graphic button to the left which opens the list on its own printable view, which I then print.

quote:

Is there a different setup sheet I should be using? If so, where can I find it?

I personally use the In-House Solutions HTML available on this site, a 30 use trial version is available, if you click on the Tool link at the top of the page.

quote:

Do I need to uninstall everything and install X3 from scratch to get it working correctly?

That's tough to say from my position, I should think not but unless it is something apparent, that might be a final solution.

The tool paths you are setting up sheets for, what kind of tool paths? A setup is just like a post processor and can take some time on large complex tool path because it processes the information the exact same way a post does.

The toolpaths range from simple 2d operations to 5-axis surfacing but in the past it NEVER took more than 30 seconds or so to process. Most of the time it would take only a few seconds but today I opened the setup sheet, started my mill, set offsets, loaded a few tools and it was still not finished. Hence my frustration...

I will look around for the X+ setup sheet and I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Bob