Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anybody using Machine Sim

X-L Engineering Corp

Vericut is considered the best, but it is pricey. We use the machine sim module for many, but not all, applications. It will verify your gcode to your machine and control including the finer details. If you are doing 3 axis work the full machine sim is not cost effective IMO and a base Vericut with an autodiff module would be sufficient.

I tend to use Mastercam's verify for visual confirmation of toolpaths only simply because it is not based on the gcode and the detail of machine kinematics and control is fairly limited.

Hey Ted,

Are you wanting machine sim for multi axis or just stardard stuff?

I will warn you up front...

If you're looking for a multiaxis sim that is "TRUE" verification there are only a handful of companies out there doing it (Vericut, CAMplete, etc). Most verification sims use the .nci file (just like MC Verify) so you're not seeing the actual posted code run. Thus, once you post the code you may have issues in the post that will not show up in the sim. I'm not sure how MC Sim works... never got it setup... but if they read from the G-Code then it would be worth setting it up.

HTH

Josh

Personaly I would get CAMplete myself but I have a lot of different Machines and 3 diferent seats at 2 locations anywere from Twin turn DMG to Hardinge Quest's and Tilt Rotary 5x (Mori Seiki & Matsuura) so to purchase that system would be a lot of $ and I know how much I can and can't get away with here. Thats why Machine Sim is right for me.