Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post to output cutter comp macros

kennebec

Have any of you tried adding a cutter comp macro to your posts, we manually copy and paste ours and then change the numerical values to suit

we only have to change the > and < values

this sets a min, and max value for the tool rad comp and if violated a "M00;CUT COMP ERROR" pops up

I would like to add this to our post but I am not sure how or if it can be done.

Ultimately the ">" value would look at the tool selected in MCam and divide it by 2 and add .01 and the "<" value would look at the tool selected in MCam and divide it by 2 and subtract .01

Thanks Kennebec

I have unsuccessfully tried to load a sample output to the FTP Site any one else have trouble with this?

Thanks Peter,

You have just given me a thought, if we went to wear like you mentioned we would not even need the macro, the tool is programmed and the wear is not going to exceed the limits we allow in the Macro anyway.

However change can be difficult here, "We have always done it this way"...

Thanks

Kennebec

Thanks everyone for the help, I am still trying to make this happen...

In mastercam you can set leadin / leadout as % of cutter so by your tool selection MCam knows the Ø of the tool selected, is this seen or described anywhere in the post? I thought that it may be, because in the post there is a question to display a warning when cutter compensation in control simulation finds an error...But then again this is pre post Correct?

Thanks again for the help everyone

kennebec