Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Break Many Pieces

Tony35

i have been playing around with this and i took my 2d contour geo (6 arcs 2 lines) and broke it up into many lines .0005 long with a .0005 tolerance all is good when i check them they are lines but when i post code they are small arcs is there a way to get them to post out as lines without having to turn off arc output in the C/D having arc output off for the whole program is not what i want. i want to use line segments vs arcs to keep the feedrate up on the roughing cycle with a highfeed mill G05.1 Q1

any ideas?

anybody else been playing with this?

thanks in advance

i should of said i was using 2D HSM coremill for the toolpath when i use 2D contour all is good (line segments) so why in a "highspeed" toolpath would you want arcs i tried this on another job with a feed of 800ipm and the machine was slowing down for the arcs and i was only getting 593ipm thats why i am trying to output lines just for this toolpath to help the look ahead