Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 is hanging up.

Jon @ NOWHERE

Hi guys, I am having a problem in x3. I am trying to create a surface for a 4th axis cut that race tracks around the part. I've made 4 lines of the same length just different z depths, then projected them on the surface. I then copied(translate) them .05 in y. Connected the ends with lines, then used the fillet command to make them radius'. I then used ruled/lofted surface to try and create the surface, selected each loop, then clicked ok. It then has a little note saying that it is breaking up contours and it never does anything after that. And I end up having to force it to shut down. Any ideas? banghead.gif

edit: I've let it sit for at least 20 minutes before forcing it to shut down.

I got around it by using 3d curve in the selection process for 5 axis curve instead of using the surface, which in turn will save me the time of having to create the surface in the first place. I was trying to use all the loops to create one surface, and it worked the other times it was just hanging up this one time.