Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom NPT tap on lathe

I'm trying to define a 1/8-27 N.P.T. tap for the lathe and I keep getting invalid geometry. Do I draw it vertical like the mill tools or horizontal and if so which quadrant? Do I need both the tap & holder drawn with color 55 & 116 respectively? I haven't tried that yet but I figured someone has had to have done this. I also would like to single-point this but we don't have an i.d. threading tool small enough.

Thanks.

Scott,

I looked up some of the standard lathe tools (drills) and they are drawn vertical in both quadrants (full tool). I called up a drilling operation and opened the tool. When I hit "Edit Tool" and "Draw Tool", it shows the tool horizontal with the holder. The drill and the holder are drawn full round, though. They do have the seperate colors for the holder and the drill. I would try it with color 55 & 116, drawing full round in the X+Y+ & the X+Y- Quadrants.

HTH

Nope, we haven't sold a machine since September. We let go about 7 people last week. I've been told that they would have to be shutting the doors before they let me go so that's reassuring.

Hopefully something starts to break soon. We have alot of quotes out there. If even half go through we could be in trouble making delivery. I'd rather have that problem though that the other, i.e. layoffs.

If you don't mind me asking but why were you at Weiler? Do you do work for us?

I work at Tula Machine . My family owns it. Batavia is a nice place. My wife and I have been looking to move down here, to either St. Charles, Geneva or Batavia. My friend in Genoa has been trying to sell his house for 2 years now with barely any traffic.

Our Jorgenson rep is from Batavia and always speaks highly of the schools. Schools are the reason I want out of Elgin. My 3 yr okd daughter will go to private school before I send her anywhere in Elgin.