Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem with updated posts

DBenoit67

Guys,

Open your posts look for this section

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Rotary Axis Settings

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

read_md : no$ #Set rotary axis switches by reading Machine Definition?

vmc : 1 #SET_BY_MD 0 = Horizontal Machine, 1 = Vertical Mill

rot_on_x : 1 #SET_BY_MD Default Rotary Axis Orientation

#0 = Off, 1 = About X, 2 = About Y, 3 = About Z

Change the Rot_on_x to 0

I know it says its controlled with the MD but it still doesnt seem to be toggled with it.

Deadhead, I can't guess as to why you are getting the A0. Shoot me over a zip2go and I'll take a look.

toddm, this sounds like a misc. value issue. Again, I cannot say for sure without seeing the file and post (my crystal ball is foggy today).

Dave, the section you pasted above is from the X4 MPFAN or MPROUTER post, I know it is because I just added the read_md switch for X4 smile.gif When it is set to no$ (as it is above), the settings in the MD are NOT read, the variable initializations are used. Setting it to yes$ reads the MD settings (the ones with the SET_BY_MD label like vmc and rot_on_x) and ignores the variable initializations. Updated X3 posts will not have the read_md switch. If the posts are updated Generic Fanuc 4X or MPMaster based posts, changing the rot_on_x setting will have no effect.