Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x4 mastercam editor

I've just started using x4 a few days ago. I always use the renumber function from the NC functions menu in Mastercam editor. Now with x4 when I try to renumber, the editor just removes all of the line numbers. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm not available to check out the forum often, but every time I do I learn something! Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge

Hey Billet,

I just tried this out and it seems to work ok. Look at the line at the bottom where it says "Omit Sequence Numbers Starting With" and make sure all is good there. If I am not mistaken, if any line starts with any of the characters listed, it will strip the sequence number from that line.

HTH

I now see what you mean, and it also strips out characters such as the backslash. Originally I had started with a text file, not an actual NC file, maybe there is a setting for the language? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the help file. I normally use the Cimco editor, that also comes free with Mastercam, and doesn't have any problems that I have seen in that area.