Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transform toolpaths in lathe

rcktray

I'm trying to transform an id groove toolpath using translate toolpath. When I set my transform parameters for the 3 other id grooves the tool rapids thru the part at the beginning and end of the transformed toolpaths, even having a reference point in my source toolpath for the rapid start position. If I use the copy source operations it will go to the correct rapid position at the start of the transformed opp but repeats the original groove opp and after it is done it rapids thru the part to the machine home position. Is there a way to set a reference rapid point in the transform parameter page? curse.gif

Thanks for the help cheers.gif

Ray

X3 MU1

SOLIDS

LATHE, MILL

SOLIDWORKS

Strange as it sounds, close mastercam and reopen. Regen everything. For whatever reason, I have seen it lose track of the part/stock and make the colliding rapids in and out. Not guaranteed, but something I have found works on occasion.

also, Go into your transform and check disable posting in source op.

I just programmed up a washer type part with 4 ops and a cutoff op. I transformed it 3 more times. Backplot shows the tool crashing through the part, but verify looks good, and the output gcode looks good in X3/MU1.

Using X4 the backplot is still crashing through the part, verify is a complete disaster, but the output gcode looks good to me.