Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need G71 help...again!

g-codeguy

Mr. Paul Decelles helped me some time ago straighten out my G71 canned cycle. Parameters had to be changed. Testing out another post. Parameters are per Paul's list, but cycle still no good. Here is the output:

G71U.083R0.

G71P802Q804U0.W0.F0.

N802G0X.7936

G1X.994Z-.0702

Z-1.01

G3X1.0105Z-1.0322R.034

G1Z-1.7159

Z-1.733

X1.1292

X1.1905Z-1.7637

Z-1.9318

Z-2.6755

X1.3187

X1.38Z-2.7062

Z-2.95

N804X1.5

G0Z.03

G70P802Q804

As you can see, no R-value in first block, no U, W or F-value in second block. The 2 blocks after N804 block shouldn't be there.

What else should I be looking at? Thanks.

I've tried comparing the 2 posts, but they aren't exactly the same so I'm not sure what changes I can make. Working one is from V9 (or earlier) while the one not working was downloaded by the reseller after X2 was out.

Kind of surprised no one has given me the solution yet. Usually I turn to this forum before emailing my reseller as I quite often get a quicker answer.

I hope no one minds my asking lots of posting questions. Due to the economy I find I have more free time now to work at correcting the output from our posts.

Simple (to me) problems I can fix. Many aren't simple enough.

thanks,

Simple Simon

MPFAN: I know how to use the zip2go option, but not the FTP site.

Dan: It also needs a U and W value. You are correct about the finish pass. I NEVER have used MC this way, although now that the company is forcing me to use MC for all my programming, I can see where I may on occasion use it...in brass or aluminum. The rapid move to the starting position won't affect how the program runs. It just doesn't need to be there. I'm a stickler for having as clean a program as possible.

Had an alternate copy of this post that had been modified by our reseller. Was unable to use it because it said there was no post associated with it. Yesterday it finally asked me if I wanted to use such-and-such post with it. Now the G71 cycle is working as it should except for putting out that last rapid move to the Z-starting position. Which is the G0Z.03 in my example.

I would like someone to explain step-by-step how to use the FTP site. I imagine it would be a handy thing to know.

I thank you both for your help.