Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids against wireframe

Leandro

I´m now playing with solids. Obviously for design is much better than simply with the wireframe. Is also better make drawings for send or print to my Customers.

But I´m a little be desapointed for select geometry for machinig. Even in the MC sample files they don´t take solids. In the waste mayority of the cases they take the wireframe that they use for make the solids.

What for is than the solids add-on?? Just for design or did you also machine with your solids.

Thanks

You can select the solid for machining but I prefer to create surfaces or edges from the solid to drive personally.

The primary gain IMO is design as you said, but there are alot of small things that are an advantage even if you don't drive the solid for toolpaths. I have noticed visual effect differences when rotating and such; Importing/exporting models is much better; The change recognition feature if you drive the model; etc.