Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam And mech.desktop users might read this

cadmonster

I posted a question back on 11/14 for help for SAT. file converter problems with mechanical desktop 4.0 and i forgot who but they posted a letter stating that i would have to explode the model before exporting the file as a SAT file but guess what. We who use MDT knows what happens when we explode our models right? we lose all the parametrics to our model and than you just have a extra file floating aound now and guess what it still doesn't work SO here is the solution to the problem FYI .

When you open the file you want to convert to a SAT file at the command line type in the command ACISOUTVER change form 0 to like 40 or 30 or 20 and hit enter.

Than at the command line type in the command AMACISOUT when it asks you what you want to select (if it is a single part file type in the word ALL and hit enter.

Than save it to the mastercam SAT folder and use the file converter for SAT files and it should work.

REMEMBER WE DO NOT NEED TO EXPLODE OUR MODELS

thanks

john

The steps 'Cadmonster' describes above are valid if the Mastercam user is going to import the .SAT file. Note: V7.2C handles up to ACIS 5.3 (I think this would be '53' in the ACISOUTVER command) and V8.0 will handle up to ACIS 6.0 ('60').

The 'explode' step that was discussed here last week has to do with the case where the .DWG file itself is going to be passed to the Mastercam user.