Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camplete

abc1234

We have the V4 here. I've had pro and con feelings about it since we've had it. It's a good tool if you use the software to it's full capability but we run so many different parts and quick setups that sometimes it's not feasible.

CNC Apps Guy is the CAMplete guru... have any insight James?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

V4.5 is the latest version. This includes some very cool enhancements. You now have the ability to create tool shapes not previously possible. You have the ability to create holder shapes not previously possible. You also have cut part simulation (i.e. verification) now. Verification is a bit on the slow side, but they are improving it. {hijack]CAMplete at it's core is what ALL post Processors should be. It is so easy to modify the code output. It's literally drag and drop. It's as close to a GUI post editor as I've seen. MC could definitely take some tips form CAMplete in this regard.[/hijack]

I plan on going to the Advanced Training when it is offered and my schedule permits. Since I support the product. I've taken the Beginning Class. It was definitely DEFINITELY worthwhile to take it. Mike Kaminski is an excellent instructor. Not only does he know the CAMplete product about as well as the guys that write it, he also is well versed in tyhe functions of 5-Axis machining and their effective implementation. I got a lot of good information when I went back there about 2 years ago.

Speaking of which, I'll be going back there next week for Lathe Training (must keep the skills up to date you know biggrin.gif )

My personal opinion about training; V4.5 has enough new features that training is warranted if you want to take advantage of the new features effectively. Of course you have the ability to use it just as you always have and not use the new features but that's no fun, and it's a tremendous tool that I use on a regular basis.

On a side note, if you have maintenance, there is a new build available. V4.5.334 PR3 dated 9/16/2009, and a new User's Manual available for Download from the CAMplete Support FTP Site at Methods Machine Tools.

JM2C and most importantly, HTH.

I agree with everything James said- its an invaluable tool for any 5axis machining, and the new 4.5 is very nice. Also agree training would be the way to go, but its usable and fairly intuitive to figure out yourself. We have big (33") turnable on our 5x machine, and getting the tools right for minimum clearance on parts, fixtures and the table is critical. DOn't know how I'd do it without Camplete.