Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis Horiz. drill question-X3

SLJ

Guys, late in the week I know, but I have a problem I can't seem to get around. Have a part sitting on top of the tombstone that needs a series of holes drilled in the perifery walls. The file originally had a point well outside the hole with a vector reaching to well inside the part wall. I worked with that with no luck, so I put my own point at the inside wall depth of the hole with a vector reaching to just outside the hole. Still no dice. I'm setting planes to top view(center of rotation), and C&T planes as front where I have an earlier operation of the same part. Trying to work with 5 ax drill operation, set to 4 axis, point/line, and tip control to either original point or surface. It allows me to pick only the point, but the help section reads like it will include the line as vector if it is connected to the point. I'm getting the drill to pass through the point, but never on the correct vector. Anyone see anything in this rambling post that rings a bell?

just found it, hadn't checked out the axis control under the 4 axis tab. Needed to be changed to y axis. When I switched to the laptop at home this afternoon, I didn't have the correct post and MD stored on this computer. When I switched to the correct MD I was able to change from Z axis to Y and things started working.