Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows live jacked X4 in Win7

Hey guys, beware of Windows Live Essentials. I had X4MU1 and Windows 7 professional 64 bit running perfectly all last week (and for months before that on Win7 RC). This weekend I noticed Win7 no longer has photo editing or movie maker. They are now available as a free download, part of windows live essentials. After installing photo gallery and movie maker Mastercam is now JACKED! mad.gif

After the X4 splash screen the main menu shows up. 20 seconds later the text "operation manager" shows up. During the next 60 seconds bits and pieces of Mastercam will show up. If I try to use Mastercam it freezes every time.

Other things are screwy too. Now when I click on the windows start button it takes almost 5 seconds before anything happens. It all looks and feels like a bad video driver. I had the newest nvidia drivers loaded and it was fine before win essentials. Uninstalled win essentials, still no good. Rolled back to original video driver from Win 7, still no good.

Tried everything I could think of including system restore. I finally gave up and re-installed Windows 7. Installed Mastercam and now it is working fine again.

I noticed live essentials downloaded and installed Direct X9. I am thinking this may have had something to do with the problem? Anyone else want to try loading windows live essentials to see what happens? biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...