Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rights issue?

wire123

We are having a blow up issue with MCAMX - Wire.

We are migrating users from the local Administrators group into the Users group.

Previously, DOMAINCWIRE would be a member of the local Administrators group. We are removing DOMAINCWIRE from Administrators and making sure every user is a member of Domain Users and placing Domain Users into the local Users group. On two of the PC's running Lathe, this is working fine. On the computer running Wire, unless an Administrator opens the file, MCAMX terminates with errors (I don't know what error, MCAM wants to report over the web). If I put Domain Users into the Administrator, it works. If I put Domain Users into Power Users or Users, MCAMX terminates.

I've been looking for hints in the admin manual and installation manual and thought I would post to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Cliff

• 3 years later...

Computer died and we were forced to reinstall x12 on another xp device. Ii is in installed as C:\Program files\MCamX. Mastercam works fine for me as the admin but not for user. No error message or error log. Task Manager shows it launch and immediately end. I've given full read/right access to the folder for all users. We have this loaded on four other computers previously and they work fine, but I cannot determine why it will not work for the user on this device. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.