Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic Mill problem X4

mandolinkgn

I am having an issue with trying to get dynamic mill to work as seen at this link http://69.50.202.57/~alvaro/cadcam/masterc...namic_mill.html

I have a similar part with 4 islands and an open chain with the open end situated the same position as in the video mentioned above. When I select open chain entry it does not want to cut the pocket leaving the islands, it wants to take an island and make it a pocket. When you watch the videos (watch long version) where they were testing dynamic mill the cutter rapids to clearance plane then feeds stright down to depth then starts its pathing all the while it is off of the part. How do I get it to do that? The only choices that get me a part that looks correct is an entry helix which is what I don't want.

Any help would be appreciated, this forum is great and a wealth of info.

KGN

Thanks for the sample. I did not have "use dynamic core mill passes" checked. I have a question though on uses for this. Lets say you had a part that just had a few raised sections 1/2" tall on a plate. Would using "Core Mill" and turning on "Trochoidal motion" be the same type of toolpath, meaning would it behave the same on being able to do a large depth of cut to remove the material?

KGN