Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam to Mazatrol

pat hynes

I often just use a mazatrol program, and I use the mazatrol wpc system, then call up the EIA subprogram with a sub program Unit. This way you don't have to put in any G54,G55 etc. commands

Most of our EIA programs are called up in Mazatrol, this makes it easier for the operators to set up when they are used to all the Mazatrol functions and WPC system.

hth.

What machine and what control? Mill / Lathe , M32, Fusion, Nexus?

I know on the Mills, M32 control, you use the standard G54-G59.

Lathe with Nexus control, we use a Mazatrol program as a main to handle the setup and subcall the G-gode.

Ditto on Dave's comment, call the applications people, it's no charge regardless of machines age. Be prepared to leave a message and wait for a call back, have your machine serial # handy.

Jarret, it seems like an aweful lot of extra work to create a mazatrol program to run every .eia program.

I would just teach your operators how to enter workoffsets then they would also be able to go between any fanuc machine.

I understand thats working for you but it just seems like extra work

quote:

Jarret, it seems like an aweful lot of extra work to create a mazatrol program to run every .eia program.

I would just teach your operators how to enter workoffsets then they would also be able to go between any fanuc machine.

We have mostly mazaks in here and we rarely run g-code(EIA), keeps it simple for our operators, it literally only takes me 10seconds to write a mazatrol program that calls up the EIA sub program, also that way we can run our renishaw probes through the mazatrol unit which is also much more user friendly.