Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bug? - Import Operations - Tool's Len & Dia Offsets Wrong

Hey Gang,

Anyone else see this...

Importing ops, tools *already* loaded in the parts tool library:

With "Assign tool numbers sequentially" CHECKED, the tool#, len & dia offsets all match the existing tools...PERFECT!

With it UNCHECKED, only the tool# matches existing tool, the len & dia offsets match the tool on the imported op...BAD!

Didn't have this issue until X4MU3. Problem is that our Okuma MA-400HA has 100+ tools loaded on the machine and I use the existing tool numbers on all its programs...so obviously I have "Assign tool numbers sequentially" UNCHECKED for this machine. Now, every time I import an op, I have to manually change the len & dia values.

Is this a bug? In what circumstance would you want the tool# to match existing tools but not the len & dia offsets?

Either *all* or *none* of the fields should match...don't you think?

TGIF!

John

No, I dont think so.

The big point of importing ops is to get it in exactly the the way it orginally was. Tools and ops. I dont want MC to autochange things during import.

You need to have your ops updated with the tools you are using right now.

A "use existing tools during import" option will make you hapy I think. Its ok to me if that will be just an option I can unchek and not hardcoded.

/Frostfritt