Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Including sketches in Solidworks files

B. Rad

There are times when I would like to bring in sketch entities when importing a Solidworks file.

The only way that I have been able to do this is to convert the Solidworks file to an IGES file and check the box in options to include sketch entities when coverting the file. Does any one know of another way?

I do not perfer IGES files to work with. What I do if I have time is to make a DXF of the sketches and merge it with the Solid after it is brought in to Mastercam but this can be coumbersome. ( any ideas Gcode headscratch.gif )

you should be able to use "Step" as well, this supports Solids and sketch entities.

Never mind, scratch that, it can do both but it appears only 1 at a time

Without confirming this (I am not at my MC computer right now), create a curve from your sketch (insert.. curve... composite..- select sketch(es)). If you use parasolids to do your importing, I believe you will get the curve as wireframe.