Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Table return

Joeski

Hello,

I'm new to the form and new to mastercam(only had it a week)waiting to take my classes but I can't figure out how to return the table to the operator to flip the parts in the middle of the program in mastercam,I could just put the code in but would like to know if there is an easy way in mastercam?

Thanx for your time,

joe

If this is something that you do alot, I recommend making a text file with the code you want, and choose the manual entry toolpath. In the dialog here you can choose to use the text file. Or just input the code by hand in manual entry.

Ditto on manual entry. Just put in between the ops where you want to stop and check that the "as code" button is on and type your code in they way you want, example:

G91 G28 Y0. Z0.

M00 (FLIP THE PARTS)

One note, if your are inserting between 2 ops using the same tool, open the operation after the manual entry and check the box for "force tool change" (on the Tool tab under speeds and feeds)

Or....

If the table return is at the end of your programs you could add a line in the "end of file" section of your post. Like this...

code:

peof$            #End of file for non-zero tool           

pretract

comment$

if stagetool = 1 & stagetltype = 2, pbld, n$, *first_tool$, e$

n$, "G00", "G90", "G53", "X-20.", "Y0", e$

n$, "M30", e$

mergesub$

clearsub$

mergeaux$

clearaux$

"%", e$

Search for the "peof" string in your post. I added this line to bring the Table on a Haas VF3 to the X center & Y to the operator.

code:

n$, "G00", "G90", "G53", "X-20.", "Y0", e$ 

If this is too complicated for you (since you've only had MC for a week) the Manual Entry method above will work fine it just gets aggrevating adding it to every program.

Remember to save a copy of your post before you edit it.

Hope this helps and welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Joe,

Here is another option:

You can modify your post and have this always output or add it as a manual entry. Either way, this option uses marco variables and the cool part is that you can have it in all programs and then set the position at the machine. We have two Mazaks with different travels so this works great. It also works well for jobs where the table position needs to be shifted.

G0 G90 G53 X[#198] Y[#199]

You can use any variable numbers you want.