Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot V 's Verify 5-axis Multi Surf

DavidB

Hi Guys I'm doing some mill turning programming using the Advance multi axis toolapth.

It's a Cam lobe shape on a Mori Seiki NT.

The part rotates with the chuck (C-axis) and the milling tool uses X,Y and Z axis.

What I'm finding using MC is that Backplot works as the machine does in that the work piece rotates. The pic below is MC backplot with the part rotating around C.

backplotrotate.jpg

Now when I use MC verify the tool rotaes around the part and the part itself stays stanionary.

verifyrotates.jpg

What this does is shows gouges that would not be there.

For example if you machine only 180 degrees of a component the tool then rapids to the other side of the part straight through the part.

What happends in backplot and the machine is the part rotates around 180 degrees with the C axis so the tool does not actualy go through the centre of the part.

I can not seem to get verify to act the same way as backplot or the machine.

Am I doing some thing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Thansk Ron, I found MC verify in this case to be a real bummer. I have never thought that about MC verify before.

Once I relised that verify was the problem and not my toolpaths I could move on. Just don't show the customer your toolpaths in MC verify banghead.gif