Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trouble opening Mastercam

thingmaker

Hello,

When I click on the icon to open Mcam V9 L3, it runs through the opening routine then around the time that it should settle down and make the drawing page available...it disappears altogether.

I think it might have been caused by my attempt to install the "HTML template sheet", but I am not sure.

Any thoughts please?

(and thank-you)

Yes it does return to the desktop.

err...what is a Nethasp licence? Our Mcam V9 L3 copy is licensed using regular HASP.

I tried uninstalling Mcam completley using the Windows XP add/remove utility, then re-installing the entire program. I thought this would work for me, but no.

Thanks for replying.

Hi,

NetHasp is......

quote:

Qualified customers with at least 3 seats of Mastercam can now choose an option to have one SIM on a server control all of the licensed copies on their network. Contact your dealer for more information and pricing.

Complete installation and operating instructions for the NetHASP are contained in a document named

Mastercam Network Licensing.doc that is installed in the Mcam8 directory.

*from "what's new in MasterCam 8.1" pdf

-KLG

thingmaker,

Do you have Administrator or Power User rights on the Win XP system? If you do not have either of these rights, you won't be able to install Mcam, or any other software, correctly. You also must have these rights to be able to access or modify certain files when using Mcam, such as the .CFG file. Also make sure to Restart your computer after every install of software. If you have done all of this, you may need to update the video driver. What is the video card on that system? HTH biggrin.gif

Here are my comp specs:

256 ram

ati rage fury/2000

WIndows 2000 Pro

It was working perfectly for almost a year.

I played with the virtual memory, because I received a message that the VM was low?

I tried uninstalling...re-installing...getting updated drivers from ATI...which necessitated getting DirectX 8.1

I now do get a screen, but the cursor movement is staggered and locks up after a few moves. When I do get it to move into the L.H. menu...it disappears.

I try Contol-Alt-Delete which slowly brings up the task manager...but this too is frozen. Here, I do see that the processor is working at 100% tho.

I am not sure what to do...I am trying these suggestions, but not sure what is going on. I know the more that I screw around with it...the deeper the climb out I think.

Gee.

I do appreciate any suggestions.