Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Seeking help with setting up my tool library

YARGNAIRB

Hello again everyone. It was a MUCH better week with learning MCamX4. I'm still eons away from becoming the expert that I envy in most of you, but I did manage to finally turn out my first parts and see for myself how all of it ties together. I owe my life to (member) Chri$ #31093, who stayed up past 11PM one evening just helping me (a stranger to him) get my first program through. VERY few people like that in the world anymore! Thank You Again Chris cheers.gif !

Now that I am beginning to get some of this stuff, I have to admit that with programming this past week, I have seen where having a "good", "properly set-up", and "accurate" Tool Library would be extremely beneficial to me. Can any of you offer suggestions to setting up my tool library within Mcam accurately to exactly what I have for use in the "real world". At the job, we have 2 tooling carts for our CAT40 tooling. I'd like to assign each tool a specific spot on one of our carts, then number each spot to reflect the exact Tool # they are known as within my Mcam Library that I set up. Have any of you encountered any problems with accuracy when it comes to the "Speeds & Feeds Calculator" recommendations for tooling? I guess I've always leaned towards to conservative side, because I would never have dreamed of some of the speeds & feeds that it recommends to me sometimes. But on the other hand, I've been told that I can damage tooling by running it too slowly also. And I guess I need to build an accurate Materials Library as well now. What are your oppinions for all of this? As always, it is GREATLY appreciated!

The way MC works, you will need to have tool libs for each material if you want to retain speeds and feeds based on materials. I wish this was not the case but it is.

So, you can name your libs based on materials names, like Aluminum, Steel, etc.

When you create a tool, you can save it to multiple libs and alter the feeds and speeds for each.

The only PITA here is that if you make a change to the tool you may need to update more than one lib,

As far as speeds and feeds, IMO, I get them from the tool manufactures and adjust based on experience.

HTH