Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OSP2200 Post Problem

Mick

I've got a V8 post that works well for an old Okuma OSP2200 control. The only problem I need to fix, is when threading, and I select a thread from the table (example, an M24 thread), the post outputs the start position of the thread, (ie X24) and doesn't add the X clearnance. I want to be able to add the clearance value to the major diameter, but can't find the value. I thought it was thdxclr, and so put in the equation:

(thdx1dia is the major diameter of the thread)

thdx1dia = thdx1dia + thdxclr

but this just returns the major thread diameter.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Mick

The value for "thdxclr" is from the Stock Clearance field on the Thread Cut Parameters page.

So the question is - What value is in the "thdxclr" variable when you add it to "thdx1dia" ?

If that looks good, make sure the "thdx1dia" is not getting re-calcuated else where in the PST.

You can determine this by adding some temporary diagnostics into your post.

Output the vaue of "thdxclr" just prior to your formula and check the value of "thdx1dia" immeadiately after the formula line ->

"THRDXCLR = ", ~thdxclr, e # temp. postline

thdx1dia = thdx1dia + thdxclr

"THDX1DIA = ", ~thdx1dia, e # temp. postline

Does the value if "thdx1dia" change from this point to when it is actually oputput for the threading cycle ?

Roger,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked the output output of thdxclr, by inserting a line prior to the threading line with n, *thdxclr, "(THDXCLR CHECK)", e

However when posted, the line looked like this:

N23 thdxclr 2000(THDXCLR VALUE)

which indicates that the post is getting the correct value, which is 2mm. Its weird though, because should it be actually outputting the text thdxclr as well?

Mick