Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help with verify

Sbarner

Greetings all,

Perhaps I've missed a setting somewhere in X3. I've got two machine groups so far. The first machine group uses a rectangle of material for stock setup. After those ops have verified, I saved the STL and used it in my 2nd set of operations. The first time I went to verify my 2nd set of operations, It just shows the rectangle from the first set of ops, even though the stock setup in the machine group properties has "File" selected and is pointing at the right file. So I go into the verify options, and sure enough, it says "rectangle" with the sizes of stock from the first set of operations. So I point it to the STL file. Everything looks great in the 2nd set of ops now. However, when I go back to the first set of operations, it shows the STL that was selected from before, even though in the machine group properties the right settings are selected. WTF?

This happens to me alot. I'll pick cylindrical stock in the machine group properties, and it will show rectangular until I change it in the verify options. Or vise versa. I tried a search here, but couldn't find what I wanted. Any help? Thanks.

Shouldn't there be a better exchange of info between the machine group stock setup properties and the verify options? I don't mind setting up stock, but to have to do it once in the machine group options, then in the verify options, then go back and change settings in the previous machine groups is a tad dumb. My two cents, anyways.

This was recently brought up in another thread. And no the interface between MC and verfy do not work correct, do not hold the stl path or stock selection correct, haven't for MANY years....and worst of all, nobody seems to care. Pretty sad IMO. On the up side, we have stairs, doors, and art and I'm hopeful windows are on their way. cuckoo.gif

Better in general, not in topic specific terms...

I'll play both sides here-

The electric arming switches on the SBD Dauntless didn't work right either;

make the pickel hot and it drops in the ocean eek.gif .

But that didn't stop Max Leslie and the other aviators launched from Hornet, Yorktown, and Enterprise from succeeding at Midway.

The larger problem is most likely Mastercam's total integration:

Main Interface GUI to Ops Mgr to Verify and back.

I am not a software engineer so I can only imagine the difficulty of the task;

multiple hardware & operating system variables

plus multiple native format support.

That said, you as end users have an expectation;

The product you purchase will work (in legalese terms I think its referred to as " the implied warrant of merchantability".

Talk to your reseller, voice your concerns. Have them advocate for you to corporate. Or seek out corporate reps in appropriate forums (like the exhibit floor at IMTS) but keep it civil.

We do this and more for our maintenance and TSA customers at S4A, its even paraphrased in our website/mission statement

quote:

I must've missed that thread. This is quite frustrating. Did things get better in X4 in regards to this issue?

Sorry, thats all the info I have for a Cougar. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

WashingtonHuskies2.GIF

Actually, I'm running X3 also and only ran X4 for 2 weeks before going back...that said I dont think so. The question was raised by an X4 user.