Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Router v9 vs. MC Mill Level 1 v.9

ScottyB

What is the difference?

I was about to buy MC Mill level 1 v.9 when I realized it isn't the same as the Router v.9 brochure I was looking at. Keep in mind that I am upgrading from dinosaur MC v5.5 to the new world. I only use MC for simple routes in solid wood and 1 pc MDF doors. Everything difficult and detailed gets done on other software and machine. I am interested in raster-vector. Can anyone let me know the difference so I don't kick myself a month from now when my software won't post to my Heian.

Thanks

ScottyB.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well Scotty,

If you're going to be doing things like what you stated in your post, I'd definitely go with Router. If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to make sure with the brochure, that the Raster to Vector comes with Router, whereas it does not come with Mill Level 1. Router has some very specific things that make it the beter choice for your situation. Talk with your reseller first before cutting the PO to be sure which one is best for you.