Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Very Respectfully

Michael Reynolds

I've been following this "sub" forum since it's inception and I'm wondering if it's really needed. Like my subject, I ask this question in the most respectful manner, but it seems to me that all of these posts could have been done on the main forum.

Whadaya think? (I'm just thinking that if this forum went away, the same questions could be asked and the webmaster's life may be made easier)

Like I said, respectfully,

Mike R. (BTW, my web page is up with the DFM stuff on it)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Good Morning Michael,

I believe this forum's mission is different than the Main Forum. The needs of an Industrial user differ from the needs of an Educator. Generally speaking an industrial user needs to know how to do this or that, whereas the Educator wants to know how to most effectively teach the student how to do this or that.

This forum is new and most likely the questions posted here could have been in the main forum but as time goes on, my hope is that educators will gather in here to share ideas, exchange tips and tricks, successes and failures. Questions like "How long should I lecture for?", "How often do you lecture?", "How often do you test?", "Are your tests, strictly computer, or do you have some computer, some written?". Things like that are what I would like to see in here. Maybe I need to spark the conversation in here to stir the pot or something.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One more thing, it took a while for the Main Forum to pick up. For like the first 6 months there were relatively few postings considering the volume now. So please be patient. It will take a little while.

Guest Duane Weidinger In-House Solutio

I am not surprised more people don't post on this forum, for the following reasons;

1. It needs more exposure to instructors. This is something we are working by running ads in Tech Directions, but it needs more. Suggestions would be helpful.

2. Like a typical classroom at the beginning of the year, how many students feel comfortable enough to ask a question in the first week or so. Even after a few months there will always be students who do not feel comfortable asking questions. They need to be prompted. Our challenge is to get all you instructors feeling comfortable enough to post questions and answers on this forum. smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings from South Florida

Yes keep the forum going.

I know a lot of instructors will go to the site once they learn of it. Most of all someone has to tell them or show them the way to the site.

Yes, there are a few instructors who do not know how to use a computer for Web Surfing or even send just plain email. Would you believe that?

Keep up the good work with the forum.

Best regards,

George

PS

For useless knowlege see www.cadcamcnc.com/stories.htm

Visit www.cadcamcnc.com