Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill 8.0 Level 1 vs Level 3

mmonica

I'm teaching a 40 hr introductory MasterCam course and I have a few questions. I have been using Level 3 for many years (V2.0). The workstations in the lab have Level 1. What are some of the differences? I noticed that the levels dialog box will not come up in level 1. Also, in the op manager in tool paths, the comments do not appear next to the operation and the operations are not numbered. I've read in this forum that it's possible to force MasterCam level 3 sim (hasp) to start in level 1, how can I do this? Is there a list of specific differences between the 2 levels?

Thanks in advance

Mark Monica

Mark,

The problems you are describing don't have a thing to do with the different Levels of Mill. I can set the NetHasp to run a Level 1 seat of Mill anytime by changing the properties of the icon on my desktop. With a single HASP, you need a code from Mastercam to input in the HASP Utility, which will set the HASP for a Level 1 seat. The largest difference in the Mill Levels happens to be with toolpath generation. Level 1 mill is strictly a 2-1/2 D milling package. No surface toolpath generation at all. Level 2 does a little more than L1 in that you can generate surface ops using a single surface at a time. L3 is all the toolpaths Mcam is capable of generating. The issues you were describing with the level manager (geometry), and the Operations Manager (toolpaths) sound more like System issues. What's the operating system, processor, video card on those lab computers? Are you running the latest release of Mcam (V8.1.1)? Updating all software (video drivers, O/S patches, and application patches) is often a simple fix for many problems. HTH smile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

[ 03-14-2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, Services 4 Automation ]