Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine recommendations???

Dave8022

My school is considering purchasing a new CNC Mill and CNC Lathe that will work with MasterCam. I wanted to get an idea of what is being used, and what any of you would suggest.

Mill size...minimum workable size about 12" x 6". The lathe can be any size...just a quality machine that will last. Any suggestions for machines, please respond ASAP. We are in the budget process. Money is obviously important...please include the price of your machines in your response. Any Info. would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks- [email protected]

I would look at HAAS for both the mill and lathe. They have a wide variety of both that should fullfil your needs. They may even give you a discount being that you are a school. The other point for getting these machines, they are extremely popular. There are other machines in the market that are better, but HAAS has flooded the market the past few years. This will also draw more students to your school because they know that they will be trained on machines that are very common in most machine shops.

I agree with the Haas. We have to VMC's and are looking into a lathe. We have had no problems with either machine and they do offer a 15% discount on the machine price and any accessories added at the time of the machine purchase. I have also heard, can't verify though, that they may have some type of program where if you buy multiple machines at the same time they "throw in" another machine as a lender.

Tom Matuszak

McCann Tech

North Adams, MA