Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error while creating post using mastercam 9.1

jaysvc

Hi,

I am new to Master cam and this is my from program. I have completed the program but when i tried to post the program i am getting the following error.

========================

Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.16 © Copyright 1992-2003 CNC Software, Inc.

Processing file with MPLEZPTH...

Variable not defined: ------_nextpart_000_0073_01c42b92.0bf32440

Post line number 1557

Program execution halted due to error(s) in .pst

======================

I would really appreciate if any one can help me.

with regards

jay.

jaysvc,

quote:

Processing file with MPLEZPTH...

Variable not defined: ------_
nextpart_000_0073_01c42b92.0bf32440

Post line number 1557

Wow! "Variable not defined" is one thing, but the variable name it complains about is something else!

My first (semi-educated) guess is that the PST you are using has been corrupted. I looked thru the MPLEZPTH.PST that shipped with v9.1 and there is no "nextpart...." anything in it. If there was anything called "nextpart" in the PST, I'd say you had a syntax error in the post, but that does not look to be the case here.

First I'd post your program using MPLFAN.PST to verify that the PST is the problem. If that works get your backup copy (or reload it from the MC CD) of the MPLEZPTH.PST and posting again.

What is the type of machine that your trying to get a program posted to? I myself use MPFAN for my Mori's. You can always make a copy of the post your looking for and go in and edit it to make it work for yourself. But one hint, only change one thing at a time and see if it works for you. That way you will know exactly what corrected your problem. banghead.gif

• 1 month later...

My guess is what happened to your post is that it has been virus scanned, perhaps after being sent as an attachment to an email.

With our email software, when it checks attachments it actually adds text to the bottom of the attachment itself (if it's a text file, which a post processor is really). This is what the anti-virus sotware writes at the bottom of my post if I receive it as an attachment:

__________ NOD32 1.578 (20031212) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

http://www.nod32.com

And this is the error message I get if I don't delete that stuff before running the post:

Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.19 © Copyright 1992-2004 CNC Software, Inc.

Processing file with THERMWOOD(1)...

Variable not defined: __________

Post line number 477

Program execution halted due to error(s) in .pst

So I reckon some writing has gotten into your post that shouldn't be there. Try searching through your post for the text that comes up in your error message. I think that you should just be able to delete the whole line but *please* make a backup copy first, as this is only an educated guess! As Roger said, it may simply be a corrupted file, but this might just do the trick. Good luck!