Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour Vrs Pocket option

Sai

Hi Guys New to the forum. I have a basic question. if I have to mill out a triangular hole in a 1 inch thich Al sheet. Would it be better to use the CONTOUR option or POCKET option. What is the basic diference between these options w.r.t my case.

Contour will only follow the geometry, possibly leaving material in the center of your hole, where pocket will clean out everything inside your geometry. I would probably use pocket if I were in this situation

BTW, you will get more responses if you post in the mastercam forum instead of the instructor forum.

Welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

Dear John,

Thanks for your reply. I programmed both options and I see that there is a big difference between the cycle time. Do you thinkif i programmed the countor for a depth of 1.1 inch to machine a 1 inch plate, the center piece would automatically fall off when you remove the plate.