Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

evaluating student who come for training

Yogesh K. Raman

Hi everybody!,

I was wondering if anyone out there as a trainer has created any rating techiques/forms for evaluating and recognizing students capabilities of using Mastercam.

You know, diagnosing wheter the trainee is really good and independent and those who are going to be support disaster....

I was thinking about creating one that rates not only the technical usage skills but also enthusiasm and participaation of students that the support staff can use to follow up on....

Any ideas that you guys would like to share? where should I start?

Yogesh,

When my semester starts at the college, I made up a step by step basic outline. The first night each of the students will do this test or outline from design to posting. This gives me a good idea on who will be the independent and who will need the help. I have been doing training with Mastercam and other software's for many years and a mold maker by trade. If you are talking about customers and not college classes there is no way of really tracking this I remember my days as a AE for a big dealer here in the Midwest. It really depends on how much the customer uses Mastercam and I think it is very true if you don't use it you lose it as we say. Some people either get it or they don't and I know a few that still try but just won't get it, that is just the way it is. I think you will know the support disaster pretty quickly without evaluation. I always remember how long it took me to learn all this computer CAD/CAM stuff and this also helps me be a more patient instructor and support person.

Hey Ladies and Gents. I have to say that im considered a newbie to the Mastercam scene. Ive been a machinist for nearly 15 years of my life which, has been a huge help to me and,my understanding of the software and,the concept of what it can do. I am in my last class to certification at Owens Community College and,with the program,have picked up a great deal of knowledge in the class. The program sections there,are as follows, Advanced CNC Programming,16 Weeks----Beginning Cad/Cam,16 weeks----Advanced Cad/Cam,16 wks . Athe end of the beginning Cad/Cam class we were expected to draw the exersizes out of Volumn one,create tool paths, post the g/m code program,turn a part into a solid and,design a keychain wich we ran from Master Cam straight to the cnc. The class was excellent and, the teachers are some of the best ive had. I also think this forum is a godsend. Just checking the posts ive read so far, has improved my abilities emencely. I think having the students sign up for this forum would be a great idea. Thanks to all of you who do what you do. S.Hall