Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

planar chain set

barbill

• 5 months later...

I would like to extrude a curve created from a trimmed surface but keep getting an error message (operation requires planar chain set). I tried both squashing and ignoring depths when selecting the chain. I created both a NURBS and parametric curve on all edges of the trimmed surface (which is flat as far as I can tell). First I used a break angle of 30, then 60 degrees. Nothing worked! What should I do?

I uploaded the file:

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/MC...RIMMED_SURF.zip

It shows the trimmed surface in blue. I created a curve (green) on all edges of the surface, with a chord height of 0.001, chain type NURBS, break angle 30 degrees. I then offset the chain by 0.5". What I am trying to do is create an .stl file to use as the stock for a part. I want to extrude the curve up 3", but get the "operation requires planar chain set" error. I squashed the curve but that didn't help.

There was some thing it did not like about your wire so I created using are a copy of you boundry and chained that and it worked fine.

I had even tried earler to make a spline for your wire and do it and it did not like it eather.

But it is fine now.

Ok more to ad I went and just changed the smaller for corner Radi to arcs and it works fine now to.

I have to say the it did not like the segmented smaller corners.

One more think if you just change one of the corner like the upper left hand corner it will work.

[ 03-13-2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]