Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Question

tsewyek

Good Afternoon All,

We have a large Horizontal Boring Mill with Fanuc 18M controls, I have changed my Post so that the M6 command is in the block following the tool callup, I would like to output a block delete on the tool callup line to prevent the toolchanger from rotating around again after I have previously pre-staged the next tool. I have been able to post the block delete, but it does it at the line with the M6 command as well. I would ask my Dealer but it is Sunday and I would hope to have a solution for tomorrow, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt Shields

I dont Know why your mach does not ignore the second T-Call ???

I use :

O0000

G0G17G40G49G80G90

( 3/4 DIA. - .75)

T1

M6

T2 (StageTool)

G0G90G54X7.8373Y-2.07S1800M3

G43H2Z.111

G1Z-.2665F25.

G2X,Y,R,

X...

X...

G1Y...

X...

G0Z.1

M5

N2G91G28Z0.

G28Y0

M1

T2 (Tool called again for mid prog start @ N2 )

M6

G0G90G54X,Y,S,M3

G43H2Z.111

G1Z-,F25.

G2...

( Most machines Ignore the second T-call)

M30

%

Tonyg,

I'm not sure why it dosen't ignore the second tool callup but with a sixty tool magazine, it takes a while to make it around. What makes it even worse the tool changer actually has the next tool staged outside of the magazine when it puts it back and makes a complete revolution to the same tool.

Thanks

Walt Shields

It may be worth a call to Fanuc to see if there is a parameter you can change or a macro option that would help.

We wrote an M-code macro for our Okuma-Howa milling machine with the Fanuc 18M to get around a couple of annoying tool-change issues; maybe this would also work for your machine.

C